Hopperesque

Hopperesque

Sunday 7 November 2021

Tired of Waiting


          I had drifted somewhere and woke with a start. The pillow was soaked and my shirt collar awash with cold sweat. I needed a drink. I grabbed the half-empty Tequila bottle and took a shot. It burned with a fragrance sweet as my mother's smile. I was tired of waiting. Why didn't they come now and put an end to it. My hands shook as i lit a cigarette. My last ? I watched the lingering smoke snake towards the window. Is this how your soul finally escapes ? Slowly and reluctantly before it dissolves into the big night ? I turned off the lamp. "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

excerpt from
Not Dark Yet : Cancel My Subscription to the Resurrection
Tony Ambra
Filmsnoir.net
2010

image
unknown

                            https://filmnoir.art.blog/2010/06/26/not-dark-yet/

1 comment: