Hopperesque

Hopperesque

Saturday 29 August 2015

Good Looking Redhead .......



































             There was always something incongruous about them. .......... When i knew her my mother was a very good looking redhead in her early forties. My father was a sun-ravaged hard smoking, hard living guy. He looked significantly older at Sixty than i do now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     My dad would give me a twenty-dollar bill to go to the store. I'd steal the food and i'd bring him change for a Ten. I watched The Fugitive religiously on TV. If you've seen the original run of the series, it's all about sex and dislocated men and women. They drink Highballs, smoke cigarettes and sizzle for each other every Tuesday night at Ten.

James Ellroy interview
Paris Review 2009

image
Riccardo Mannelli

No comments:

Post a Comment