Hopperesque

Hopperesque

Thursday 13 June 2013

Bad Liver and a Broken Heart


                      No the moon ain't romantic, it's intimidating as hell
                      And some guy's trying to sell me a watch
                      And so i'll meet you at the bottom of a bottle of bargain scotch
                      I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems
                      You can name your poison, go on ahead and make some noise
                      I ain't sentimental, this ain't a purchase, it's a rental and it's purgatory
                      And hey what's your story, well i don't even care
                      I got my own double cross to bear

Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
(Waits)
Tom Waits
1976

image
unknown                   

No comments:

Post a Comment