Hopperesque

Hopperesque

Saturday 7 December 2019

Didn't Quite Know


          It got darker. I thought ; and thought in my mind moved with a kind of sluggish stealthiness, as if it was being watched by bitter and sadistic eyes. I thought of dead eyes looking at a moonless sky, with black blood at the corners of the mouths beneath them. I thought of nasty old women beaten to death against the posts of their dirty beds. I thought of a man with bright blond hair who was afraid and didn't quite know what he was afraid of, who was sensitive enough to know that something was wrong, and too vain or too dull to guess what it was that was wrong.

Raymond Chandler
Farewell My Lovely
1940

image
Farewell My Lovely
1975
                             https://filmnoir.art.blog/category/noir-poets/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment